words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Friday, December 16, 2011

pausing--for ART


The Accolade, by Edmund Blair Leighton (1853-1922)

I stumbled upon this beauty today in a completely random way (while reading online about historical Jewish texts and "the Dumb Goyim," which I stumbled upon while checking a definition while answering an email! So bizarre.)

Anyway, the image made me catch my breath.   I have never seen this painting, and it is just so beautiful. 

Modern artists have nothing on their elders.

Another view, slightly cropped and it looks like either enhanced or restored. 


Amazing.

(Don't forget you can click on the image to enlarge it--great time to!)

1 comment: