words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Tuesday, December 13, 2011

God is in the details

While having my morning tea (with some pecans and homemade ginger bread, mmmmm), I was enjoying the blog of the family featured in the most recent "24 Days of Giving" linked from Treasured Pearls.  I remember reading about this family only four months ago, when they adopted a Chinese boy who was about to age out of the system, and here they are back in China again to adopt a second Chinese son.  I love jumping into these stories when the parents are "in country" and seeing their new children for the first time, and then following as their families grow together. 



But it was an earlier post the mom had written that just seemed to naturally fit what I was thinking and writing about yesterday, so when you have some free time, I recommend it for a good bit of reading.

I find, myself, that details are often what "speak" to me the most about God's love--comparable to a loving whisper that is meant just for me, that only I can hear.  I have stories of when God definitely made Himself and his love for me clear to me in some little details, or in some ordering of events--one of these days I'll write some. : )  In the meantime, I love to hear other people's stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment