words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Saturday, February 26, 2011

My Life For Yours: A Mother’s Pondering About Her Body

I cannot help sharing another post from the same blog I last mentioned. All you moms must must must go read today's guest post My Life For Yours: A Mother’s Pondering About Her Body.

An excerpt:

“Our bodies are tools, not treasures. You should not spend your days trying to preserve your body in its eighteen-year-old form. Let it be used. By the time you die, you want to have a very dinged and dinted body. Motherhood uses your body in the way that God designed it to be used. Those are the right kind of damages…We are not to treat our bodies like museum pieces. They were not given to us to preserve, they were given to us to use. So use it cheerfully, and maintain it cheerfully. You want to fix your body up in order to be able to use it some more. We should not be trying to fix it up to put it back on the shelf out of harm’s way or to try to make ourselves look like nothing every happened. Your body is a tool. Use it.” -Rachel Jankovic, Loving the Little Years


Wow.  just, wow.

3 comments:

  1. Amen! As I head into the postpartum period this is exactly what I need to hear. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE reading what Kelly at generationcedar.com has to say, and that was such an encouraging post to me. Today's post is on homeschooling, I have not read it all, but it looks like a good one again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was looking at my hair after the latest haircut and telling Daddy that I wasn't sure I liked it, and then I said, "or I guess I just don't like me." Then Daddy reminded me of this entry:) I guess I am just very very well used:)! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete