words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Monday, February 2, 2009

Tea, at its finest

Photo © Extrait du livre Thé Français, Flammarion, Photo Francis Hammond.

These images convey the luxurious, rich, full-bodied flavors of my favorite teas, by Mariage Frères. This, the oldest tea company in France, views their teas as not just a daily drink, but more like wines--to be savored. Obviously good taste in tea, as in wines, does not come cheap, but D--I mean Santa--has been keeping my stocking stocked for the past few years. My favorite is Marco Polo, which has the most amazing bouquet (thank you, Cathy, for introducing me!), but they also have a lovely naturally-decaffeinated Roiboos called Bourbon Vanilla Tisane (tisane is a fancy word for infusion of herbs, since there is technically no tea in herbal tea). And this year's new flavor for my stocking was called Himalayan Rose. Even the names of these teas are delicious.



Photo from the Oswego Tea blog

My request for next Christmas will be Chandernagor Tea from Mariage Frères, pictured above. I have suspicions it will make a lovely chai, which is my all-time favorite comfort drink.

1 comment:

  1. I too, have been into Rooibos lately! Especially the vanilla flavored ones. And girl, bourbon sounds even more dreamy in companionship with the red "tea" and vanilla! Although, I think the German tea I get is no where near this beautiful French stuff you speak of!

    ReplyDelete