words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Thursday, February 19, 2009

verification fascination

I just finished sending the link to this blog to some more friends, now that I have been doing it for a few weeks and am feeling pretty satisfied with the results. (Welcome, anyone stopping over for the first time! I am so glad you dropped by.) I sent the blog link to the friends who had facebook accounts, and whenever I sent them a message, I had to twice type in those verification words--you know, the ones that look like they were made by a typewriter with palsy and not enough ink. After a few messages, it started to be like a little game with the computer--what cryptic combination would be next? The two words together often had such interesting connotations: hints of poetry, espionage, gastronomic homage, noir and idealism. . .

prison Ratelle

morning nation

1949 Thurber (a good year, that)

whereon Garbett

crazed siers

Jacob $100-a-plate

be DORSEY


These word combinations make me itch to be a better writer (and free time to do them justice). Rosa or Becky, any similar urges?

1 comment: