words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Friday, February 6, 2009

Officially Over!

Ok, when your friends start either offering to buy you food at the store (sara!) or actually bring food to you from the store (becky!), you know it is time to end the groccery store boycott. My experiment is clearly inspiring more pity than anything else at this point, it seems. ; )

Thank you, my friends, for your thoughtfulness. I know you were not acting out of concern for my family's health, but out of support for me (and the laziness and dread of shopping with 4 children that lie at the root of the experiment!)

I will go to Safeway tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. i just wanted you to have vegetables!
    i don't feel right if i don't have alot-and you're almost a vegetarian!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so right--i can tell a difference in my body without all the fresh veggies, which is the one thing we have been without very much of since i started trying to use up the frozen/canned supply. i did not mean to sound ungrateful in my posting--both your gifts have already been eaten upon! the peppers were especially *heavenly* after not having such fresh flavors on the tongue for so long. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey friend! Brad and I just started 'The Grocery Game' last night. (Different than your Grocery Game) The website is http://www.thegrocerygame.com/. We saved (I think) $47.00. and got real food that we would actually eat i.e. mandarin cuties, peppers, asparagus, cheese, ground turkey. A subscription costs 10 bucks a month, and I think so far it is well worth it!
    See you on Friday, with shoebox and bells on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked up the site and realized I have heard of this before, but do not know anyone who tried it--do let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete