words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Loving Acts of Service Pt 1

Some of you heard about what D gave me for my birthday this past year. Ok, so this happened in Nov, but events this past week brought it fondly to my mind, and I thought I would share it here now. D came up with it all on his own, and he gets serious husband points:

He took the day off of work, and after lunch loaded up everyone in the mini van for a mysterious errand. He had previously arranged with two of my favorite women here in CA to bring their kids to a local park to join ours for a playdate. Then he sent me off with the two friends for tea and yummies at Mr. Toots coffeeshop in Capitola for a couple of hours, while he hung out with ALL the kids. It was so thoughtful, and a good time was had by all.

This would be part of the view from the balcony--look to your left from where you stand, and behold the open Bay.


And we sat there in the brown booth on the left corner in this pic--I with Earl Grey, and the most amazing, monstrous peanut butter cookie.


I think the best birthday present I have yet received.

(I stole the photos from Santa Cruzin.org)

2 comments: