words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Thursday, October 15, 2009

We Interrupt This Blog for an Important Service Announcement

I have heard from several readers that they have ocassionally tried to post a comment and they got a message saying they would have to try again later. So I thought I should let you know that the same thing happens to me when I try to leave comments here or in other people's blogs. I hit the "post comment" button, and the Blogger server looks me up and down and says with a distainful sniff, "So sorry, your request could not be processed at this time. Please try again later." Well, I have a very sneaky way to get around the old snooty gatekeeper--in complete disregard for his instructions, I immediately click on the "post comment" button again. Sometimes I have to click a total of three times, but by then the server is rolling his eyes and pushing the button to let me in, and he always posts my comment.

So there!

Just be sure you have selected your identity first, so that is not holding up the process. Because even when harassed, the server will never let in a perfect stranger. But he will let in Anonymous. ; )

When I am ready to post, I also always use my mouse to highlight the text I have just written and then use the "Ctrl" + "C" buttons to save my work just in case something happens and my comments are lost. ("Ctrl" + "V" will copy the text back, in the event of disaster) And if what I am writing is really long and I would be upset if it was lost, I type in a word document and then cut and paste from that.

You, my wonderful readers, come with varying levels of computer savvy, so I thought these suggestions might be helpful.

Please, comment away!

No comments:

Post a Comment