words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Monday, October 12, 2009

thanks to the poll takers

Well, thank you, each of you who stopped by and left a comment or participated in my sidebar poll, which I will leave up for a couple more days in case anyone wants to come back and see what the results were. It was so enlightening! I was most surprised that half of you who participated not only don't mind my postings/opinions about news bits, philosophy, etc. but even seem to like them. And here I was really worried I had lost some of you with my thoughts about recent news articles--glad to know it is not true! Some blogs have certain focuses and don't stray from them--I was hoping that I was not freaking out too many of my friends who might be more of the warm-fuzzy "God stories and miracles" types. (Or maybe I did and you are just being nice)

And a small majority of you like the stuff of daily life. That, my dear friends, I am so relieved to hear. Because I always have stuff. And daily life. So keep posted for more of that!

And I think I should have worded the option about posting photos differently--yes, I was intending it specifically for Mom, who I assume is the one person who selected that option, but I realized later I would like to know if any of the rest of you like photos, so should have made it more inclusive, like "I like photos!" Well, I'm posting photos anyway for Mom, so it's moot. ; )

But my favorite part of the whole poll was the ONE person who clearly thought to him/herself, "Eh, who cares if it's your blog, I want more _______!" And I would love to know, what did he fill in the blank with? What did she think was most important? If you are the one who did not click on that last bubble, I salute you! You made me laugh. I dare you to reveal your identity in the comments. If you do, I will dedicate my next posting to you and your imperious blog topic demands.

Of course, it could have been Mom.

2 comments:

  1. Guilty- it was me! And actually, I was thinking "she asked my opinion on what I like, so I'll try to be informative".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and here you did it for a perfectly logical reason too. ; ) Still, the next posting is for you! I'll try to make it something i think you would like.

    ReplyDelete