words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Although I do love me some Epic Asian Boy Band


(double-click on the video to watch in full-screen, if you are interested)

Somehow, I cannot look away.

I came upon this video a few months back when I was researching for our homeschool Japan Camp. It's a Korean boy band--young guys of all different trendy flavors who sing in their most adorably Dire manner while excellent lighting, camera movement, and editing make their meodicre movements and choreography look appropriately Significant.   And unlike the Epic songs I put on my playlist, this one has the benefit of unintelligibility (my Korean being limited to hello, thank-you, and goodbye), so I can enjoy all the fascinating self-Importance of the video without worrying about the likely un-Epic lyrics breaking the spell.   I say likely because the few lines of English in the song (inserted, it seems, because English is "cool") are pretty limp cliches.   Although I can agree with one of the song's claims--it is most definitely "An originar."

The boys have been chosen and arrayed in the most fascinating hodge-podge of styles and genres, all over the top in true Asian hip-hop flair--there's the vaguely Brokeback outlaw, the glam-Emo, the Bond-pimp, the metro-sexual rocker, the gangster cadet, the Chippendale posterboy, the preppy Sinatra, the hip hop fashionista, the punk lumberjack.  And a few that completely defy description:


Such stylistic cacophony aside, there's something in this boy-band for every fan's taste.  And the band's creators sing, Cha-ching! 

For my tastes, the hottie at 0:14 is the most American-style of good looking, but the dreamboat at 0:24 is clearly a sensitive soul, just the way I like 'em.*

I realize there are so many things I could be blogging about that are way more interesting and important.  I guess sometimes I'm just in the mood for a catchy tune and an Epic-licious video.





*tee hee if you looked! ; )

2 comments:

  1. I'm kind of creeped out by the picture. I might have nightmares.

    My computer wouldn't let me comment on your last post, so I guess I'll put my comments for it here. I was loling at your quickie story. We had a similar situation happen last week, but luckily my kids are small enough to be clueless about it all. You're right - I bet that is enough motivation to get the DH moving on the addition!!!

    I'm also happy to hear that your filters were still working. I'm about 6 months overdue to change my RO filter and now I'm not going to worry much about it. I'm sure another few months won't hurt.

    And in case I haven't mentioned it lately, I'm amazed at your living situation. I don't know how you do it! You need to post video footage sometime so I can get a true picture of what it's like in that size of a space. I also would love to see more of your property, because the pictures you've posted before and the descriptions of things like your calalillies make it sound like something out of a fairy tale. Maybe I can talk Adam into moving there. His arthritis can't handle these Ohio winters anymore :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the great comment, Jessica. Now that we have a new camera, and the computer is momentarily working fine, I was just thinking of trying to really clean one section at a time and start photographing! (I don't want to do a video, because I think I can make our place look a little nicer in photos. ; )

    Hmmmm. Since my in-laws are coming next week for a visit, maybe this would be a good weekend to try!

    But your mental image of my "fairy tale" home environment made me LAUGH. Thank you! I really do try to be positive about its charms, and enjoy sharing the bright side of things with you all, but my house is a little dumpy shack, and that's the truth. Too many things needing fixing all at once.

    But I must say, if you are ever thinking of moving somewhere--for Adam, of course--you are MORE than welcome to visit out here and see if you like this area! It really is wonderful, in so many says. Not perfect, because no place is, but this area of the US I think you would find yourself at home in. So tell me if you want to visit! We currently STILL have a motorhome in our front yard that sleeps a whole family! ; )





    ReplyDelete