words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Sunday, November 22, 2009

Blessing of the Week: those who use birthdays as an excuse for extra special lovin' on me


Friday was my birthday, and my husband and three good friends conspired to get me away from the everyday for a few hours, much like they did for my birthday last year. My husband arranged to use the gym and nursery at church for a few hours, and he single-handedly cared for ELEVEN children under the ages of nine. Including baby E and another one-year old. Come to think of it, I am not sure who was crazier--my husband or my friends who left their children in his hands! ; ) I'm just looking back in amazement--from what I heard later, the kids had a ball, and all went well.

And we ladies certainly had a lovely time. But then again: girlfriends - children (except one happy baby henry) + restaurant named "Chocolate" = good time. All the food we sampled was fantastic, but the Venezuelan dark hot chocolate made it a true celebration.

I only wish some of you, my far-away friends, could have been with us!

And, yes, my husband does rock.


Photo of one of my birthday gifts--thanks, friends, for all the well-wishes and warm fuzzies.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful birthday and wonderful husband! Wish I could have been with you to celebrate. We sent your package. Let me know when it arrives. I am hoping I got the sleeves long enough on G's gift. Mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris says,"Doug you are making the rest of us look bad"! Happy belated birthday, Lisa! We tried calling but you were out, so we'll have to try again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "And the husband and father of the year award goes to.....Doug!" Wow, way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom, the package arrived, and I am wearing the earrings as I type! Thank you. : )

    We saved G's presents until next week--unless you want us to open them earlier?

    Rebecca, we got your message--love the singing. Please tell Emily and Sarah what I said. I didn't hear Chris--tell him to be louder next time. ; )

    To all of you saying nice things about Doug, I'll make sure he sees them. : )

    ReplyDelete