words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Monday, November 23, 2009

The Amazing Three Wolf T-Shirt

This one is dedicated to my brother-in-law Chris*:

If you are in the mood for a good laugh, please go visit amazon.com to read the reviews left by people about this shirt. I have no clue how this shirt became a recent pop-culture in-joke, since of course we don't have TV or listen to the radio. Heck, maybe everyone who reads this has already seen the shirt or read its reviews. I am always the last to know. But just in case you too live in a pop-culture vacuum, a few mornings ago a news article mentioned it and conveniently shared the link.

The funniest thing about it for me is that these people used the comment section of an online store as a forum for well-crafted creative writing.

Ok, so it did not get me howling with laughter (that pun's for you, dad) but it got me chuckling big time. While some of the writing is genuinely funny, it is just the whole idea that I find hilarious.

And while you are there, be sure to check out the comments for Tuscan Whole Milk, 1 Gallon, 128 fl oz. As if buying milk on the internet is not funny enough in itself.


*Just be thankful my Christmas shopping was already done.

No comments:

Post a Comment