words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday's Finds

It is gloomy, rainy day--and cold! We finally have Winter again, now that it is officially Spring. The past two days I have been actually having to add wood to the fire throughout the day.  I guess it's nice--encourages being at home, cozy, getting school done. I just really liked that little heat wave we had last week, temperatures in the 70's!  Oh, and I know you folks from the truly cold places are just weeping for me, what with it being all of 50 degrees outside. 

But the gloom outside today and the drab I feel inside just make me long for beauty--and color!

Time to brighten the eyes with beauty and color from etsy:

No. 13, the Ring by bruceseeds (it's a QUILT, people. my jaw drops.)


Footstool/Ottoman Teal Espresso by LaRoseFootstoolsPlus


Felted Pea Pod by Baymut





Fuschia peony by amelierose 


Crochet flower scarf by Yarnhappiness











birds in love by moloco




Starlight Hair Pins by herflyinghorses



Knit Neon Brights Ponytail Hat by knitwitwoolies 



Anything here brighten your day?





4 comments:

  1. I'm lovin' the scarf. Methinks I need one :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Believe it or not -- I have started a project using the same technique as the quilt that was the 1st thing that you pictured. Hope mine turns out at pretty. I like the technique so much that I have bought two more pieces of fabric to use. The one I am working on is for fall. The other 2 are for Christmas and spring. I guess I will have to take a break from working on little girl dresses:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, Jessica, I wish I knew how to crochet! I'm so not crafty, though. I do think if that skirt was longer it would be absolutely adorable on you. : )

    Mom, I can't wait to see it! Is it a quilt for a bed, or a wall hanging? (I am assuming the later, since you plan on making it seasonal)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It started out to be a tablecloth, but now I am not sure:) It is such a fun technique to do. I have finished the completely unplanned part of the technique. I have also made cubes that you can see into to use with it. Next comes the planned part. But I have put that off because of all the other sewing that I have been doing. Changing the subject -- I am almost through with B's birthday dress. Next I want to make a sundress for all 3. I bought the fabric down in Mobile.

    ReplyDelete