words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Sunday, April 3, 2011

cindersunny

Sunday school, class discussion on being courageous.  In-class artistic response to lesson, by Sunny:

(double-click to embiggen)

When I came to get her at the end of class, she showed me, I was mortified, and asked her, "Is this supposed to be me?!!!"  Her teachers overheard and laughed, so they must have asked her about it too (or just wondered!!!). Turns out this was a dream she had the night before, in which she was an orphan and that lady was the mean woman in charge of the orphanage.

I was relieved to hear the explaination, but insisted Sunny add that note of clarification at the bottom of the page.  ; )

I think our recent diet of "Annie" and "A Little Princess" and other such works has left an impression on her.

1 comment: