words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas food court flash mob

If you have not yet seen this, please do!  If nothing else than to hear a FANTASTIC rendition of the "Hallelujah Chorus."

(if you double click on the video it should take you to youtube so you can see the whole screen)



Personally, I love the symbolism of singing in the mall food court, taking back the Christmas season from mindless over-consumption of meaningless stuff. 

And it is fascinating to watch the faces in the crowd--the ones who know tradition and stand throughout, the ones who are in awe, and the table of young kids completely ignoring it all, probably because of the cues of indifference they got from the parent at their table--the opposite of the parents who understood the specialness of the moment and had their kids standing on their chairs to see and hear better)

I thought the video would be mediocre--but here I am typing and still tearing up.  So please go watch it!

I am wishing a wonderful Advent season for you all!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That was beautiful. I don't even know what I would do if I were in public and something that beautiful happened out of nowhere. I'd be a hot mess of tears!

    Thanks for sharing. That video put a huge smile of my face.

    ReplyDelete