words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Monday, April 26, 2010

This Too Shall Pass

Seems like I am always the last to see such things, so if this is old news to you, well, just move along. ; )

This past week we discovered this amazing, fun video of Ok Go and a Rube Goldberg machine:

[I recommend double-clicking to watch it over on youtube (just remember to pause it here if you do, so you don't have two videos playing at once!) so you can bump up the resolution (if your computer speed will allow it) and watch it full screen]




The kids shrieked with laughter the first time they saw it, and then begged to watch it again and again.

But as much fun as that video is, my favorite version of the song itself is in this youtube video. It is just so original and positive, and refreshing.

On a more personal, but also humorous note: last night I was scolding one of the girls for something she did that I have told her not to do about a million times in her life, and as I finished I realized I heard the choir from Ok Go singing in my head "Let it go, this too shall pass. . ." So I think I might advise them that they should consider singing that part of the song whenever I lose my temper with them. . . ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment