words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Friday, April 9, 2010

Snippet for the day: the view from my computer


Photo I took in the late morning a few weeks back. I thought you all would like it! (It looks even better if you double click on the photo to enlarge it.)

We don't live more than a few blocks from town, but our location feels woodsy and private because of our unique placement along the gulch, where the opposite side is too steep for building. There is a small road high up opposite us, but the trees hide us well from the people driving on it.

My computer desk lives in the living room, right next to a huge antique window overlooking the back deck, which in turn overlooks our little woodsy backyard and then the gulch beyond.



A long time ago there was a small-circulation magazine called "Country," which I remember reading when I worked the quiet daily lunch hour as the campus switchboard operator/Administrative Building receptionist there in rural Upland, Indiana at Taylor University, where I did my undergraduate work. One of the regular features in the magazine was "The View from My Kitchen Sink," and Iowa farm wives and Montana ranch wives and Rocky Mountain cabin wives would mail in their photographs of the most amazing views. If anyone who reads this blog had a good window view (it could be any view you enjoy, it does not have to be spectacular!) from somewhere in your home that you want to share, please do! Post your own pic on your blog and then put the link here in the comments. Or share the old fashioned way and describe it with words. : ) But if you like this topic, I for one would love to see the views that are special to you.

4 comments:

  1. Sigh- no gorgeous vistas here, although we are far enough out in the county that we used to see the occasional deer on our way to school in the morning. Now developments are cropping up everywhere. Good for housing values, not so good for scenery. We still see red tailed hawks, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful view. I would just want to stand there and stare out the windows all day...
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. But Rebecca, it does not have to be a gorgeous vista--if you have a beautiful rose out your window, please share it with me! : )

    ReplyDelete