words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Tuesday, August 30, 2011

vacillating

Wow, there is so so much I have been wanting to write about these past two weeks--I feel as if I am "behind" with my blogging!  And since I spent all last Spring and this Summer feeling "behind" with homeschooling,*  I hate the feeling of "behind" and it makes me stress out and go into avoidance mode.  I know those of you who stop by don't care one whit about when I blog (or you would not still be around!), but *I* care--because some stories are best told in a certain order, or are more fun to read when they are fresh, or I am just so excited to share them with you that I get bummed when I don't have the chance.

ANYWAY, I am hoping to do a lot of blogging this week!  But I am also hoping to do a lot of homeschooling with my kids (we are still getting into the full swing of things), and am purging again, BIG TIME, and I have been trying to be better about cooking dinners (yes, I lapsed again), and my house desperately needs attention. . . so, we'll see!

Since I only have a few moments this moment (the kids are supposed to be getting ready for martial arts, Smiley is on the potty) I just thought I would tell you one little thing going on with me this week.  I am going back and forth between good mommy and bad mommy.  I am all patient and working with the kids, and then wham I get snarly.  What is up with that?

Oh, wait.  It just occured to me as I typed that, that this is probably the few days leading up to my period.  Huh.  Could there be hormones connected?  Very likely.  (This is what happens when you only have a handful of periods in 10 years--you kinda forget how it all works.)

That revelation actually makes me feel so much better!  Here I was going to ponder briefly about what is going on in my spirit, and here it is most likely something going on in my physical body! 

See, look at how productive blogging can be!

Ok, moment is over, kids are play fighting instead of getting ready, time to go smack some heads gently lead them in the way they should go. 

I hope you are all have a good start to your week! 




*The truth is I'm not behind, there is no such thing in homeschooling to begin with, and my kids are testing just fine--but I spent all last Spring and this Summer feeling "behind" and that is one of the things I have long been feeling "behind" in writing about.  Sheesh.)

4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about feeling behind in blogging, that some things are best written just after happening etc. I have a few posts I've been trying to get to, instead I'm spending all of my time cuddling with my new baby! Yep, I think I'm making the right choice ;) I may never get to the other posts, so maybe I'll just always feel behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your readers will all be here when you get around to it. In the meantime, know you are missed and that I look forward to hearing about what's been going on in your life! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you feel so behind. We do enjoy reading what you write -- it helps me feel close to all of you. Speaking of feeling overwhelmed -- we are home and the car is unloaded. But there are piles and piles everywhere of things to put away, laundry needs to be done, and the weeds in the back yard are taller than me. But I would much rather read your blog and see how you are doing:) That being said -- think I will go to bed and face the piles, laundry, and weeds tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the loving words, ladies! Reading them again today was what I needed, since I am feeling even worse today! Ugh!

    ReplyDelete