words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Thursday, August 18, 2011

Antidote for Melancholy #6

Another reason why I love blogs--they can be a FORCE for good in this world!

Here I was just sharing about the story of Katerina yesterday--well, her new adoptive mom who is there visiting her in the orphanage in Bulgaria has been advocating for other children from the same place, and has already helped find eager parents for many of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  She shared yesterday in this post about a girl who is close to death, who has been treated inhumanely for possibly her whole life, who is even older and in WORSE health than Katerina, which is hard to fathom.

Through the wonders of the internet, and the virtual communities that build up around common beliefs, this little girl's cause has been taken up by the wonderful Adeye, an adoptive mom who has a beautiful family and a blog with a large, generous readership.  I think I have pointed you to a giveaway there before--if giving small financial gifts to save the life of a desperate child makes your day a little happier, like it does mine, please follow this link to Adeye's blog and see the photos, hear the story.  Make a difference.

Be the change you want to see in the world. 

I know my readership is small--and appears to be shrinking!  But if you still come by every now and then, it must be because we share similar interests, or a similiar heart, or something about the things I write fascinate you. ; )   Please know I am so thankful for anyone who stops by here, in this little virtual home of my spirit--thank you for being so friendly!  I never expect any of you to care about all the things I care about, or do the same things I do.  But in this space of my spirit, I just have to share what I am really thinking, what is moving me.  I have to share the possiblities for you and I to be a tiny part of making the world just a little more right, just a little more beautiful.  

No comments:

Post a Comment