words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Week of Blogging Day Seven: Dancing again

Hello my dear readers!

I made it!  Seven posts in seven days--fun, and it TOTALLY woke up my brain, in a good way.  I have been finding words again, and that feels so good. I mean, talking with Becky yesterday I actually said the word "incongruous" and it even sorta made sense in context.  But of course immediately after I said it, with some sense of triumph, I had to pause and ask her, is that a word?  So the brain is grinding back to life, but haltingly.

Some of you might have noticed too how I was squeaking in most of those posts at the eleventh hour--literally.  Ah, well, so the blogging did not happen during decent hours, but it happened, and was good for me, and was fun.  And now it will be back to the normal, completely random and often infrequent posting schedule.

This morning it is actually pretty fun to find myself, one week from the start of this blogging fest, in pretty much the same place heart-wise as I began.  I'm a little tired today--stayed up too late but did not get to sleep in, kids also tired (they have been staying up too late too, but at least for good reasons, like Daddy reading an exciting school book to them) and so we are all having to work to be gentle and patient in word and spirit with one another.  But that's ok, because my heart is singing anyway--just am feeling so loved by the ever-present, ever-faithful God, here where I am in all life's and my imperfections.

And I stumbled upon a certain song this morning, that I have not heard in a while, which led to more songs, which led to dancing.  I would love to share some with you.

Rich Mullins, thank you.  Image found here

So here are the songs of my heart today, all of them by the late Rich Mullins, dedicated to Susan (who also can't keep from singing), Becky (who shares longings of my heart), and Jessica (who also dances):


If I Stand

And there's a loyalty that's deeper
Than mere sentiments
And a music higher than the songs
That I can sing
The stuff of Earth competes
For the allegiance
I owe only to the giver
Of all good things

So if I stand let me stand on the promise
That you will pull me through
And if I can't, let me fall on the grace
That first brought me to You
And if I sing let me sing for the joy
That has born in me these songs
And if I weep let it be as a man
Who is longing for his home


Ready For the Storm

And when You take me by the hand
And You love me, Lord, You love me
And I should have realized
I had no reasons to be frightened
Oh I am ready for the storm
Yes sir ready
I am ready for the storm


Creed

An Apostles' Creed you can dance to! And with my beloved hammer dulcimer no less. What's not to love?


Step by Step (live)

"God takes the junk of our lives and he makes the greatest art in the world out of it. . . "

I will seek you in the morning,
And I will learn to walk in your ways,
And step by step you'll lead me,
And I will follow you all of my days.

2 comments:

  1. Those songs definitely remind me of our youth group days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing! I'm going to turn up the volume now and dance away my troubles :)

    ReplyDelete