words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Difference

I got up early one morning,

And rushed right into the day.

I had so much to accomplish,

That I didn’t take time to pray.

Problems tumbled about me,

And harder came each task.

“Why doesn’t God help me?” I wondered.

He answered, “You didn’t ask.”

I wanted joy and beauty,

But the day was gray and bleak,

I wondered why God didn’t show me,

He said, “You didn’t seek.”

I tried to come into God’s presence;

I used all my keys at the lock.

God gently and lovingly told me,

“My child, you didn’t knock.”

I woke up early this morning,

And paused before starting the day.

I had so much to accomplish,

That I had to take time to pray.

--Anonymous

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jessica! Oldie but goodie, and totally me when I'm not careful. Thank you for saying hi--a warm fuzzy I'm sending right back! : )

    ReplyDelete