words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Monday, March 21, 2011

Monday--another day of randomness, Pt. 2: colors of spring

I get emails from etsy about once a day, tempting me with pics of things for sale, encouraging my patronage of the arts.   It is interesting and informative.  And sometimes, brightens my day:













Autumn ash bowl by Treecycle

These colors are the way my spirit feels at its most hopeful in this day of transition from winter to spring!

7 comments:

  1. Rebecca WilliamsonMarch 22, 2011 at 5:03 PM

    Love the colors! But then, I'm fond of ceramics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! The second one makes me think of you. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, the money I could spend on Etsy... I've been browsing lately to find a nice wand for Sparkle's Easter basket. There are some very authentic-looking ones. Authentic meaning "just like Harry Potter's" of course ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and me both, Stacy. I have been thinking of getting wands for Happy's birthday party this Summer--her "Fairies in the Forest TeaParty" which has so far been a tradition for 6th birthdays. : ) But I love the copper wire wands that also make bubbles!!!! Have you seen those? (And of course I have wondered if I could make them myself. . . )

    Not Harry Potter authentic, though--but I could see Luna using one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty stuff! I like your idea of a wand that also makes bubbles. What fun that would be! Looking forward to seeing you all this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mom, My girls had copper wands that made bubbles- that were gifts from you! Wonder who we gave them to?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rebecca if you find them, stick them in your bags when you come out to CA! I hope you and the girls will be here for Happy's party, and your girls will share in the fairy forest magic. ; ) (I know they are too old for playing dressup and blowing bubbles. . . and yet, they are just young enough to probably enjoy it greatly with their younger cousins!)

    ReplyDelete