words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Thursday, March 24, 2011

Humor of the Day: Why Having a Toddler is Like Being at a Frat Party

This link-share is dedicated to all my readers who are parents of small children.  Maybe I am the last person on earth to be seeing this, but it is good--be sure to read the comments for more chuckles!

My contribution to the list:  at any moment a short guy without his shirt might come up and pat your butt cheeks, giggle and say "hi!"

(Ok, truth be told I am honestly sitting here wondering if I have ever actually been to a frat party. . . Susan, help me out?  but I did have a good friend who lived in a frat, so I remember the ambiance and the stories, and I once saw both Animal House and Revenge of the Nerds, so that's close enough.  waaaaaaay close enough.  shudder.)

2 comments:

  1. Well - all the frat parties I went to were at Purdue - so perhaps not...you should have visted me there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did visit once, remember? But I don't remember any parties. . .

    or am I confusing Purdue with your apartment in VA?!!!!

    Are you sure we did not go to a party at some frat, maybe Chris' in the summer?. . . I have this vague memory. . . or maybe Chris took me, since he lived there. I just remember only being there a short time--now that I think about it, I think it WAS Chris, and he was being protective of me, and whisked me off to his room so we could hang out in relative safety. : )

    ReplyDelete