words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Wednesday, March 18, 2009

this past weekend

This past weekend one of my oldest, dearest friends came to visit. We have been friends since freshmen year of high school, when love of the 80's pop band a-ha brought us together. I could not have asked for a better weekend with her. We hung out at the Abbey, treated ourselves to munchies, crunchies and yummies, she cuddled my baby and showed me how to cook meat, we sang hymns while we were cooking and lounged on the "sofa" in the afternoon sunshine and laughed. We talked a lot. D was a dear and gave us lots of quality time sans children. She slept on a pile of bedding on the kitchen floor and was good natured, even when E woke up screaming at least five times Sat night because he could not breathe from his cold. She was gracious about the cold in the morning before D made the fire, and the lack of interior doors. She reminded me of why I love her so much and why we will always be friends, no matter how many states separate us, through births and deaths and human fallenness and growing up.

So this is my ode to her, to friendship.

Who wants to come visit next? ; )

1 comment:

  1. I had a great weekend too! I am just grateful you let me sleep on your floor! I really was quite comfy and not that cold. I did especially my space heater when I got out of the shower at my house though!

    ReplyDelete