words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Wednesday, March 11, 2009

teatime with you--thank you for joining me


A few of you faithful readers have told me that sometimes Blogger does not let you post comments to this blog, even when you are logged in. That has happened to me a few times at other people's blogs, but so far not when I am trying to post to my own. But I notice that sometimes when I am writing a post, a message comes up that says that blogger is unavailable and to try saving/posting in a few minutes. So I wonder if that is the same system hiccup that might affect the comments posting. I am sorry that you ever experience any difficulty posting, since I have discovered I love comments! : ) When I started the experiment of blogging, I had not thought about comments, and never expected that getting them would be such a treat. But I have found that without them, it starts to feel less like tea with my girlfriends (which is my goal) and more like a constant monologue. And while it is true that I am by nature quite talkative, I really hate feeling like I am dominating the conversation, and try to be wary of that when I am with you in person or on the phone. Oh, I know it happens still! But I am chagrined when I realize I have been doing it.

So, all this to say that whenever you mention in passing your thoughts about something I wrote, or when you email, or when you leave comments, I really enjoy and appreciate it. On the flip side, please never feel pressure to keep up with this blog--I assume you have plenty of other more important things to do with your time, and will not think anything the least bit negative if you are not a regular. But I do hope that if you are sitting down with a cup of something warm and soothing that you will consider sharing a few minutes of your pleasure with me! : )

1 comment:

  1. Hey everyone! I just disabled the verification thing, so perhaps that will help with the posting comments issue. As long as I don't get too many spam comments, I don't need it on. So comment away!

    (do I sound like i am begging? sheesh!)

    ReplyDelete