words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Monday, March 23, 2009

From the Poetry Archives: Just a Disagreement

(Hope you don't mind me borrowing your poetry blog entry title, Rosa--I like your wording)

Tonight as I sat nursing, for some reason fragments of old poems started to shift awake in my mind--I could not grasp anything in its entirety, but just lines, words, images. So I thought I would post a few that I can find copies of, just for fun. Why this one was the first to surface, I don't know, since I am not feeling anything remotely similar to the feelings it portrays. But I did write it after D and I had a big fight while we were dating in college. We have had a few big fights over the years, and no one can infuriate me like he can. Luckily, maturity and wisdom (what there is of it!) have slowly worked into our maritial consciousness, and big blow-ups are rare. But I can still recall how it feels to be in the middle of a big one--awful. Gnashing is a good word for it.

Just a Disagreement

ruby shards
flying
we are drenched
in our own blood
flesh simply melts
under such pressure
everything vital is
pierced
all that is left
suffocates
drowns
implodes
and still pride
reloads

2 comments:

  1. I really like that one. I want to read more of your poems!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for the encouraging word, Shera. : )

    ReplyDelete