words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Thursday, February 16, 2012

peanut butter pops

The other day I needed a quick snack for the kids that would not take them long to eat, wouldn't be very messy, and would give them some good energy. 


VoilĂ ! 

I know some people give their kids "peanut butter spoons," but I had never tried (and to be honest, I am wary of giving the kids too much pb, since I am mildly allergic to it, so we only have it at most twice a week).  But on a whim, I made generous scoops of peanut butter on individual spoons, and then rolled them in a mix of raisins and shredded coconut (leftover from our holiday baking) in a little bowl.  The kids LOVED them, and licked them down in a flash, and they were so easy, and since the tasty tidbits stuck to the pb they did not even make a mess. 

You could make a mix of almost any chopped dried fruit, seeds, nuts--whatever sounds good. (I also stuck a couple of chocolate chips on the spoons too--not as healthy, but a little sweet surprise. ; )

So, just thought I would share the idea! 

3 comments:

  1. Mmmm. Sounds good. I wonder if this is a way I could get Gabe to eat his sunbutter. That stuff is nasty on it's own, but maybe I could use up the half eaten jar he won't touch this way! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If we don't have anything sweet in the house and I'm craving something like that at night, I'll put pb and nutella in a bowl (a small one)... it hits the spot... really...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sara, ever since I saw your comment I have been wanting toast--with my decadent way of making it, buttered and then with pb and semi-sweet choc. chips. I toast things in the oven, and so after I get it all ready, I pop it back in the still-hot oven for a minute, and then the choc chips get all melty and you just spread them over the warm pb with a knife. Mmmmmmmmm.

    ReplyDelete