words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Friday, May 22, 2009

a little of me to leave with you

I just had to make one last posting before our trip.  If you want to know what fun songs I have in my head this week, here you go!



I have mentioned previously that even though we don't have TV,  the past couple of years I have "watched" the best of American Idol via youtube.  Alas, this year I discovered the AI watchdogs had yanked all the fun stuff off youtube.  Bummer.  So I have been visiting the offical site to see the performances--although you can't here the judges comments after the performances, which is half the fun.  I waited until they were down to the final three contestants, and then I went back and heard what they had sung previously.  There were quite a few really good interpretations on the show this year, including Adam Lambert singing "Mad World" and Kris Allen (the guy who won) singing "Heartless."  But the two I have linked are the ones that keep coming to mind, the ones I could listen to/watch over and over.  "Feeling Good" is going to be my theme song for this summer, I can tell.  : )  Lambert sings it like a lifelong but now reformed criminal being released from prison ready to start anew; I sing it more like a prayer. 

Even if you distain American Idol, give these songs a listen--and think of me. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment