words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Thursday, May 7, 2009

Dress-up

My Merry M

My Happy B

My Sunny G

I took some pics a couple of Sundays ago when we had a cold snap and the girls could wear their Christmas outfits one last time before we will put them away until next winter (sorting clothes and emptying the camera card among the things I am doing before our trip). My mom makes such beautiful dresses for the girls that we normally don't buy dresses (other than playdresses), but most of you know I have a fondness for the Dutch clothing makers Oilily, and I had been drooling over some particular items for a year, but the prices were just too outrageous. And yet, they are sooooooooo cute! And actually practical, since they are well made and wear really well and are machine washable--which is all great if you are rich enough to buy them. We are not.

But the one bright side to the economy right now is that all kinds of once-expensive children's clothing on eBay is dirt cheap! Well, relatively speaking. So I was thrilled to find M and G's outfits on eBay for sooooooo much less--literally a fraction of the original retail price. We do not actually buy that much clothing--we are blessed with lots of hand-me-downs from sisters and friends, so we mainly just replace things that have been worn out or fill in wardrobe gaps. I would rather have fewer clothes that are well-made and practical and we enjoy than a closet full of things that don't really get worn. So getting these outfits for the girls was a real treat.

B is wearing a Hanna Andersson outfit handed down from M, another clothing brand that is more expensive (not Oilily expensive!) but is worth it if you plan to hand clothes down to multiple children.

I love my girls. And I love dressing my girls. ; )

Tip for friends in town: art at the Abbey/Vintage makes a great backdrop for photos!


No comments:

Post a Comment