words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas dresses!








(click on each photo to embiggen, if you so desire)

These are Mom's latest creations, just in time for Christmas.  When I was out in IL for the reunion last summer she showed me a pattern she wanted to make up for Sunny, and a piece of fabric she had on hand. . . a few days of excited brainstorming and fabric shopping, we came up with these combinations.  Coordinating, but not matchy-matchy; old-fashioned but a little euro-funky, sweet and practical!

Thank you, Mom.  We love them!  Almost as much as we love you.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness. They are adorable! Your mom is very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the dresses! Your mom is talented, and you both have great taste!

    I have a question/favor to ask of you.... I'd love to hear more about how you go about living in a small space. Things like clothing storage (both for every day use, and long term for hand-me-downs), homeschool stuff, toys, and cooking for a large family. I ask as a mother of six (for now), ages 10 and under, that is preparing for a move (in six months). We hope to downsize to a smaller home for quality of life and financial reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gabe! I have long been planning on writing more about small space living, so I will gladly post some about these things! I did not know you were up to move already. : ( So I don't know what I can offer that will be helpful, since so many of my choices are based upon our unique situation--our wonderful homeschool charter, our under-house storage, etc.--but I will do what I can! : ) I'll try to start that after Christmas, which is also when I am planning to start the virtual home tour! (Quite a few people have been asking for THAT! ; )

    Until then, Merry Christmas to all yours!

    ReplyDelete