words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Prom, 1989


Me, Susan, Mina.

They arrive Thursday, 20th High School reunion festivities start on Friday night--but seeing them (and hanging out in my parent's basement to boot!) is what I am most looking forward to.




(Thanks for the photo, Susan! And FYI, we each DID have dates, but we took this pic of the three of us that was an instant classic. We even got photos of the same pose at both Susan and Mina's weddings--I am thinking it is time for another version!)

5 comments:

  1. That picture is priceless.

    And you're so pretty!! Now I know where your girls get it from!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous!

    We received the package yesterday; Burgundy was so excited about the skirt that she immediately put it on sideways (zipper on the side) and got all mopey because it didn't fit right. Once she sorted out proper application, she was thrilled, and it looked gorgeous on her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How funny--I thought you all would laugh at the 80's hair and dresses (although Mina's dress is really classic and was more gorgeous than the pic shows). Instead you are all being so kind and affirming! I so did not expect that--but, thanks! : )

    E.M.M.--SO glad Burgundy likes it and it fits! Oh, and my mom corrected my memories, and so I think the skirt came from the Cherry Creek mall (very ooh-la-la) in Denver, CO. So that means I bought it when I was a sophomore and not a beginning freshman. : ) But still--SO glad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. still dignified, even then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, Sara, I think I was just keeping my top up. ; )

    ReplyDelete