words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Wednesday, July 14, 2010

a few days of silence

I wrote that title to tell any of you that care that I will not be posting anything new until next week at the earliest. But then I realized that it also explains why I'll be "quiet"--getting ready to take an 8 day trip, starting this weekend. Without children.

Loads of meaning in those last two words.

You all are used to me writing overly long, overly analyzed pieces here in this blog, and know I am quite comfortable being honest with writing about my life, my feelings, things I am working on, things I am struggling with, etc. So please don't think I am being tight-lipped now to build drama. Not at all, it is just that I have been running on adrenaline since Sunday, and not sleeping, and feeling completely emotionally wrung. I hope I will get the chance to write some next week, because I think I will need some bloggy catharsis.

The trip should be relaxing and fun--flying back home to Illinois for my 20 year H.S. reunion! Getting a "sleepover" at my folk's house with two Best Friends, just like in olden days!--and the three girls will have a ball staying with DH's parents and attending VBS at their church. But I was not prepared for being without Smiley, which was a decision made just a few days ago. So if any of you praying women think of me this next week, I would really appreciate it. : )

Hope you all have a great rest of your week!

3 comments:

  1. Hope you have a great trip! Enjoy your "quiet" time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time! did you get my e-mail with my address? it would have come from mgrohmanatcomcastdotnet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just be careful at 2:30 am when you're prank calling people and giggling...that darn caller ID has probably killed the joy of that sleepover basic! ;)

    ReplyDelete