words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Friday, April 17, 2009

oh, who are the people in your neighborhood?

So the other day the girls and I headed over to play at Valencia elementary school. It was before all this heat set in, so we were seeking a sunny playground close-by. There were a few other parents there, including one young mom who initiated conversation about the kids and we chatted casually until she let it slip that she taught film. "No way! I used to teach film too!" "No way!" She teaches film production down at CSUMB--I taught film studies, the theory side. She has an MFA (Masters of Fine Arts)--I have an MH (Masters of Humanities). Of course we had to exchange info, and after we made the initial email contact later, her email address piqued my curiosity and I found her web site:

http://www.enidbaxterblader.com/

If you visit, have the sound turned on.

How often do you meet a mom at the playground who has exhibited her work at the Smithsonian?

No comments:

Post a Comment