words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Thursday, April 9, 2009

more music to make you shudder--also in time for Easter!

This past weekend we visited D's parents and of course went to their church with the family on Sunday. D's mom is really not comfortable with the whole nursing in public thing, so when it was time for E's meal I went into the nursery and settled for a few minutes in a rocking chair. The people watching the kids were nice and the room was clean and attractive. I was enjoying the peaceful moment, letting my mind wander. . . until I realized what was being sung on the cheesy sweet kids sing along CD:

J-E-S-U-S
J-E-S-U-S
J-E-S-U-S
and Jesus is his name-o!

I could not quite make out how they started the refrain, but I surely hope it was not the most insanely logical:

There was a God who had a son
And Jesus was his name-o. . .

It reminds me of a quote by P.J. O'Rourke, who said in an article about a Christian-themed amusement part: "Forgive them, Father, for they are wounded in the taste buds."

2 comments:

  1. my kids would LOVE that song

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure you are right--but kids also really like candy, but that does not mean it is good for them! ; )

    ReplyDelete