words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

This weekend has been all about music and worship and friends and sunshine and art and yummy food I did not cook.

We had already done the whole easter basket thing at D's parents last weekend, and had egg hunts then and on Sat at a friend's brunch, so we did not do anything with bunnies or eggs at all yesterday and that was refreshing--allowed the day to be more relaxed and the focus to be on Christ. I wore an adorable new top that was a gift from my mother-in-law--she likes to take me shopping when we visit, which can be a good or bad thing, but which the weekend before last was a good thing--which, come to find out, perfectly matched a skirt I already had. I wore my new brown heels. ; ) The girls all wore cute dresses my mom had made and smocked for them, and strangers made nice comments about our family wherever we went, which means a lot to me (offsets the sometimes negative reactions I get from some people about the size of our family). G and I sang in the choir, which by the 11 service sounded great. I stopped into the Abbey on our way home just in time to say hello to a young woman I had met at the art exhibit on Fri, who was coming to visit for the first time. We picked up yummy food from Dharma's vegetarian restaurant in Capitola and ate at Hidden Beach park. E got his first tactile experience with sand and bare feet, and appeared to like it. It was a day of family and simple pleasures.

I hope all of you had a peaceful, family and love-oriented Easter.

Here is a link to one of the songs we sang yesterday, for anyone wishing to keep that beautiful Easter feeling going a little longer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5Akz6J8Rw0

1 comment: