words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Monday, November 5, 2012

Another Sunday, Another Photoshoot

It just turned out yesterday that the weather here in Santa Cruz was gorgeous--hot and sunny.  And it just so happened that the kids were all wearing coordinating outfits based upon skirts my mother made them over the years.  And it just so happened we were at church with a few minutes to spare long after everyone else had gone home, so no one would notice us playing with the camera.

So first I got some more photos of the kids in front of the big "Jesus" art piece.











Then I asked DH if he wouldn't mind taking a few photos of me, for a new, ongoing photo series I have on Minnie Zephie




See, I get him to take my pictures, and then I crop them so you don't see my face. This means I'm not worrying about my facial expressions in the photos, and usually look pretty serious--it's just because I'm trying to picture in my minds eye how to stand and hold my limbs so the clothes look their best, and DH is being so great to be my photographer, but is not good at noticing that my clothes are crooked or my butt is sticking out funny or my skirt is bunched, etc.  So it is hard to be the model and not the one behind the camera making sure the photos come out showing what I want them to show (and not showing what I don't want them to show!).  So he and I are both learning--and it is so embarassing to show you the behind-the-scenes, (it is so much more vulnerable posing in front of you all, who know me!) but I just had to, because. . . well, you'll see.









Clearly, I'm irresistable. ; )

2 comments:

  1. The kids look adorable!

    And you look so serious in the second to last picture! lol I love the outfit and the hat though! You always look so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, Jessica--I look like I am taking myself way too seriously in that second to lat pic. Which is why it was so embarassing to share--but which is kinda why I shared it too. Just say you are laughing with me, not at me, ok?

    I just had to, because to see little Smiley coming into the shot and then the next shot of him on me--it was too funny.

    ReplyDelete