words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Thursday, November 24, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving All!

Boy, I have so many fun things to share with you--but they will have to wait, as we are now heading up to DH's parents' for Thanksgiving.  I pray you all have safe travel and a joyous and peaceful time with your loved ones today and this weekend!  (And, um, any of you are welcome to pray the same for us. ; )

2 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving! I hope you have a wonderful time with your family. I'll say a prayer for you and a certain person I'm sure you're nervous about spending time with ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a wonderful time! Wish you could have been with us! We missed you. We had 39 this year. I made out my schedule and all went well. A few came early so they could help, and others wanted to help as they arrived, so I gave them jobs to do. Ages went from 80 something to 6 mos. We had people from Romania, China, Korea, Taiwan, and Viet Nam. There were 2 young men from Taiwan who were quite taken with Emily and Sarah. Especially Emily, I think:) I must admit that I am finding it much harder to recover this year than in the past. And I am really hurting today. But I love our Thanksgiving celebrations. Daddy read Psalm 100 as usual which is a great psalm of thanksgiving. But now on to Christmas: I honestly was going to suggest we skip the decorating since we are leaving so early for Allison's, and each weekend in between now and then is packed with no time to invite people here. Then I remembered that one of the events next weekend is a surprise b'day party that a young woman is giving for her husband. And, in order for it to be a surprise, it is taking place here:) So Rebecca and family are in Chicago today, but are coming back tonight. Tomorrow the tree goes up, and we decorate the tree and house. Again, wish you and your family were here to join in the fun. Am praying for you all! Hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete