words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tuesday Blog Hop: the best gifts are made with love

Well, it looks like I have reason to make that last Christmas wrap-up post after all! The late Christmas packages from Mom and Dad arrived last week, and it was of course like Christmas all over again. But the highlight of the Christmas boxes I made sure to save for the girls to open last:

The American girl dolls were presents from my parents and my older sister's family last Christmas. Mom is an artist with the sewing machine, and sometimes she lets me pick out the fabrics for her projects, like for these matching tops/dresses. If I do say myself, we make a kick-butt team. ; )

It was really hard to show off the clothes properly, Mom--the girls kept hugging their dolls to themselves in pleasure and hiding the ensembles. : )


And sitting like that is not ideal for showing off the clothes either--when it is not so muddy outside I will try to take some more photos, ok, Mom? But look at that smile!

Did I mention, Mom, that they wanted to wear the new outfits three days in a row? And I let them? ; )


Mom was not the only one to make gifts by hand this year. D's Grandma also made adorable retro aprons for me and the girls--which I think coordinate nicely with her vintage sofa and silver flossed tree:

And D's Dad made the girls adjustable wooden stilts, after I suggested the idea earlier this year. Almost everyone had to try them out, including Great-Grandma!

On her 90th birthday, to boot!

These were some of our favorite gifts this year, and some of our favorite Christmas moments. When gifts are made with such thoughtfulness, the warm loving feelings last as long as the gifts themselves--and thanks to photographs (and video), maybe even longer!




MckLinky Blog Hop

No comments:

Post a Comment