words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Wednesday, January 27, 2010

We have Winners!

Well, this has been an amazingly fun blogging week for me.

FIRST it was a blast to get real dialogue going here on this blog! Ok, I know it won't last, and now that my Bloggiversary week is through, you will all mostly fade away into readers-but-not-posters again. Don't worry, I understand--that is what I am too, most of the time. I read quite a few blogs while breakfasting or nursing, but don't get much blog time with both hands free to type, so I don't leave comments often. But I hope that now you have tested the water, so to speak, and hopefully found it comfortable, you will not hesitate to jump on in whenever you feel like it!

SECOND I just won a prize myself! Atheist Mama also had her first giveaway this week, although being a real blog, she actually got a company to send her products for the giveaway--Essential Everyday Minerals, the company that makes the all-time BEST powder (the kind you use as foundation--thick enough to make your skin look good, thin enough to not leave you looking makeupy). And I won some!!! Whoo-hoo!

THIRD I get to give stuff away now too! Ok, ok, my prizes were things I chose because 1) they are awesome (as long as you are not particular about things being, um, new); 2) they seemed to fit the "feel" of my blog; and 3) I thought you all might like them!

SO! Here are the three winners, chosen randomly. I did not employ any special online random number generator, just in case you are again confusing this with a real blog. I asked each of my girls to choose a number between 1 and 24 (there being 24 comments to the "party" post). And I have the video to verify the complete randomness of their choices, if you want to see it. ; )

Sunny came up with. . . Number 10! Yay, that's Rebecca, my big sis! See, aren't you glad you started reading my blog--and most importantly, ocassionally leaving comments. ; ) And your husband Chris wins too, as he was the only male with the unmitigated temerity to leave a comment. (Ok, I don't really mean to suggest it was at all foolish of you to post a comment--I am thrilled you did!--I have just wanted to use that phrase ever since college, when I was in To Kill a Mockingbird)

Merry thought long and hard and said. . . Number 20! Carrie, all the way over in England, that's you! So glad you de-lurked this week, and I am happy to send your prize over the water!

Happy paused and paused, and then listened to the whisperings of her biggest sister, and called out. . . Number 8! That would be the blogger known as "Zerohousepaymentsforever!" I am so glad I can send a little lovin' to a fellow mama. : )

So, my three winners, please send me an email this week to let me know two things:

a) your mailing address, and

b) the prize you would like best, and the prize you would like second best.

Rebecca, I know where to find you. ; ) You can all email me at blesseday at gmail dot com.

Thank you, one and all, for the smiles you brought me this week! I wish you many happy returns. : )

14 comments:

  1. Woohoo for letting your kids pick! Maybe I should've done that ;)

    And I have to LOL at the "real" blog thing...your blog is every bit as real as mine yanno! I just had the nerve to email someone and ask for free stuff...possibly embarrassing the crap outta myself in the process haha!

    (REAL blog would be Emily's...companies actually contact HER!)

    Oh...but...and I hope this doesn't disappoint you...but the brand you won is Everyday Minerals...so maybe not quite as awesome as "essential minerals" (which I've never tried) - but I hope you enjoy it anyway :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! Thanks Sunny for picking a good number! I have had so much fun checking in with your party, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Essential. . . Everyday. . . don't those have the same connotation? (in my convoluted thinking, clearly!) Well, how embarassing. (And typing that, I noticed for the first time that something embarassing always has an ass in the middle of it. ; ) And now I am thinking whether or not it means anything since "em" = "to cause to be" that the word implies "to make one's ass bare." Which gives such a lovely word picture for the emotion described.

    I love words!

    And I'm going to go correct some of my own. . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hehe...you said ass :P

    (I never noticed that, though! It *is* pretty silly!).

    Eh - just mentioned it cause I think Essential Minerals *may* be a brand...really, it's all rocks, so who cares, right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. (ironically, after a problem with my response, it looks like i censored myself)

    Hey--if a word was good enough for the Holy King James people, it is good enough for this blog.

    Which I guess means I can throw in the ocassional "hell" too. ; )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't remember which song it is...but during Christmas I always remember giggling during a certain hymn that said "ass" (referring to a donkey, of course).

    Hehe - sorry for hijacking your post with totally unrelated topics. Guess I should go get a life now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. "What child is this, who laid to rest on Mary's lap is sleeping. . . why lies He in such mean estate where ox and ass are feeding. . . "

    As a child I was always secretly scandalized by it too. Now I almost distain the versions that have "ox and lamb"--the swear word, after all, still just means donkey!

    As a child sitting during the sermons in church I used to also read the Song of Solomon just to see the word "breast." (My mom is going to love reading that!) Of course now as an adult, I realize that book of the Bible is way more about sex than I could have even comprehended when I was young.

    Good stuff. ; )

    Oh, and this "chat" made my night--what I wish people would do more on this blog! So anytime--hijack away.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I am thrilled! I naturally assumed my far-flungness (I know it's not a word, but it should be!) would disqualify me from the giveaway. So thanks to both you, for including me, and to Merry, for choosing the number allocated to me.

    The prizes ARE awesome - I love things which aren't new.

    OK, I will stop gushing now and email you my details. Thanks again!

    Oh, one more thing - I remember speakers tying themselves in knots trying to convince assemblies and congregations that Song of Solomon is purely metaphor, and not in the least bit sensual. Uh huh.

    Carrie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm sure this is me having a pre-caffeine brain fog experience, but I can't see an an email address for you. It's bound to be really obvious, I know LOL.

    Must have coffee immediately!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carrie! Yes, I am sure the Brethern church was all about the "Christ and his bride" metaphor. ; ) We have been attending a quite, um, creative church for a few years--with a Rockabilly pastor and artists painting during the service as a worship response to the message, and music that is God-centered AND rocks. It sounds like they are trying to be painfully trendy, and it would be except it is just so natural for the people doing it that it does not seem forced, fake.

    ANYWAY you can imagine at such a church, with a largely young, hip, tatooed congretation that when they teach the Song of Songs, they don't mince on the meaning! One series they did was almost R rated, so much so that they would warn parents before the started talking! That book is amazing poetry, and truly celebrates the fullness of sex in marriage.

    And now for something completely different! If you go back and read at the end of the post, I give my email address, just spelled out. I would say it here again, but it seems like that is the kind of thing that should be kept to a minimim on the web!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You didn't suprise me at all. I knew what you were doing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh YAY! I never win anything. I'm excited. I have had a rough day and this made me smile. Thank you again. Off to email you my information.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi -- just showing Dad how to make a comment. I am much better, by the way. I enjoy reading your blog and getting to know you better and learning what is going on in your life. Dad says he is going to start lurking. Love ya bunches. Hugs and kisses to all.

    ReplyDelete