words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Tuesday, January 7, 2014

about that blogging. . .

(started in the morning. . . )

So I have started trying to blog twice this morning, and life keeps interrupting. And then I thought at least I could share some cute photos, but my Dear Husband must have updated something on the computer and now the photo software seems to think I don't have permission to do things with photo files, so isn't letting me.  (I'm sure DH will easily remedy this by tomorrow)  But by golly, I'm going to stick to my increased blogging vow, so I'm just going to write one little thing and savor the accomplishment. ; )

First, thank you four lovely readers for your sweet and encouraging words to my last post/lament. Esp. you Dottie--SO glad you found your way in (because I did not mean to be unhelpful, but could not figure out from my end what might be hindering you logging in) and your assurances that you were inside the cozy room with me really did speak to my heart. : )

(. . . Aaaaaaaaand 9 hours later, that's all I had written.)

But.  Sara came over with her kids and we got over an hour of play and good girlfriend talk--over tea and dark chocolate no less!

And.  Later in the afternoon we went over to Becky's for even more play and GGT--with more tea and dark chocolate.

Then.  I picked up pork BBQ on the way home--a treat, and worth it tonight.

Now. I am so tired, but my tummy (and blood sugar!) are happy.  I am having yet another cup of tea, just because--another treat, and worth it tonight.

I'll have to tell you why I'm so tired, and why I am making friend (and girlfriend!) time such a priority this week. 

But.  I'll consider this much writing a success for one day!  It's been a very long, but very good day.

I hope your 2014 has begun well!

4 comments:

  1. Hi -- so glad I was finally able to comment. Had a hard time but finally got in:) Glad you have had some good GF time and of course some chocolate. Yesterday's high was 25 degrees, but today is suppose to be in the 40's. I think I like living in the south:) Will start Merry's bday gift today. Have also identified the fabric for Sunny and Happy. Have you opened our Christmas gifts? I hope the box arrived!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coincidentally, I'm eating chocolate and drinking tea as I'm reading this, but I'm doing it alone :(

    So, yay for all that girlfriend time! It sounds like a much better use of your time than writing right now. We'll be here whenever you're ready!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not alone! At the exact moment you were on my blog eating chocolate and drinking tea, *I was at your blog eating a peanut butter cookie and drinking tea*! So, we are girlfriends having a moment together--just not IRL. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep blogging! It is therapeutic, and that is a huge part of the purpose, right?! I never have a clue how many people read my posts because so few people comment, but I keep posting as a part of an obedience to the Spirit prompting... so you never know! But FYI, your blog is still not showing up in my feed, so it does make it harder to follow. Still, I will keep checking!

    ReplyDelete