words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Thursday, May 26, 2011

love to hear from you!

Well, my dear friends and family, it is always fun to see what posts spark people's interest and lead to comments.  I loved hearing what you are all working on this week!  But either Blogger is still having issues or our computer is struggling with cookies or something, because for several days now I can't leave comments on some blogs.  Not all of them, just some.  And I found out just now that mine is one of them!  How bizarre is that?  So here are my comments to that last post, just so you all know I read and appreciate them:

Susan, I am sure Luke will appreciate the "new" office when you are all done--for all the time he spends down there, your efforts are really worthwhile! I hear you about the old meds. Ugh. I am very sorry you have to do it, but surely it will feel good to have it gone. You have better things around with better memories.
Thanks for sharing your purging!

Stacy, hermit crab cages count.  And do write about your further purging on your own blog when you get it done--I will celebrate with you!

Gabe, I am so sorry you have so much to do, and we are just too far apart from eachother for me to offer to be helpful. : (  I will pray all goes well with all those things you mentioned--all big deals in themselves, rather overwhelming to consider all at once!  Esp. the baby and moving--I packed up and moved out here to CA when I was 8 mo. pregnant, so you have my full sympathy.  In, fact I am praying now, and will continue to do so until I hear otherwise!  Oh, and YAY on the leggos!!!!! 

Mom, I love it that you and Dad are enjoying the blessings of giving on freecycle--it feels so good, and I get a smile from thinking of you two being blessed as you bless others. : )  Don't worry, I am actually not stressing about your visit--you and Dad have seen our house at its very worst, when we first saw it!  But it is more that improvements have been going v.e.r.y. s.l.o.w.l.y. in the past couple of years, and so this visit--esp. Rebecca and her girls making what will probably be their *only* visit out here--is a really good excuse for getting us going.  All the things we are trying to do are things that we have been wanting to do for YEARS.  Might as well see what we can do before you come!

And YAY about Ligia!  : )

Rebecca, like I just said to Mom, your visit is an excuse.  I am so looking forward to you coming, and am not at all stressed about you seeing the house--it will be what it will be (but hopefully that will be better than it currently is!).  I am working on the bathroom door!!!  Have picked out the door hardware, just need to finalize the measurements and get it ordered--hope it comes in time for us to build the door and install it!  (or maybe we can put Dad to work the first day he arrives--hate to do that, but he might be just as eager as me to do it. ; )

By Rustica Hardware, a mom and pop shop in Utah

And Rebecca, it sounds like you have a LOT to do!  I hope you have a nice break without kids this next month, and get lots done.  I hear you about feeling guilty for working on your garage when so many people don't have houses [readers, Rebecca lives in Tuscaloosa, AL where they just had that terrible tornado a few weeks back] but what a perfect time to do it--every moment you will be thinking of your blessings and being thankful instead of grumbling about having to do it! 

OK, now I'm off to drop off some freecycle myself and go buy some flowers for my garden!  Gotta get those hanging pots full of beauty and back up in their places!

(It just occurred to me, Rebecca, that it is a little weird me telling you all the things I am doing to fix up my house before you see it--normally we do so but try to pretend that it has been like this forever So when you do come, just pretend the clean and neat house (as much as it will be) represents the way we really live, and not just when we have company.  ; )

All of you reading, thanks for stopping by!  But thanks even more for sharing a little bit of yourselves with me--that adds the girlfriend element I love!  Have a great day, however you are spending it.

5 comments:

  1. LOL! I'm having similar problems on my husband's computer (but not on mine!). For some reason blogger is not recognizing my password. That means I can't import my pictures to my blog since I use his for that. :( I've heard others are having similar problems too.

    Thanks for your prayers! I moved 8 months pregnant from VA to FL once....Ah, such is military life! Now I guess I'll know if I'd rather move pregnant or with a newborn! God uses each of these times to help me grow in some way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!

    Thanks for coming to my blog -- yes, we are close... and I've got to spend some time checking out the links on your blog because the timing of your comment was just perfect... I need a little support in the adoption/special needs arena right now.

    We went to Vintage Faith a couple of years ago... now at Gateway in SV. And we love Netflix too. Keep in touch, please. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been praying for you and wondering how things went this past week end. What did D and his dad work on? What did you get accomplished? How did relationships go? We are fine. My procedure went well. Daddy got a lot of painting done. This am he is playing golf. He will probably be back in the fields tomorrow. I plan to trim bushes:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I was also wondering how the weekend went. And I wanted to tell you that I finished half of the remaining garage work this weekend! (Kind of confusing- basically I only have 1/4 left) Woo-hoo! And this was in 95+ temperatures, plus I convinced my husband to let me get rid of stuff we don't use! I'm psyching myself up to plow on and finish everything this weekend- the only drawback is that temperatures this weekend are supposed to be near 100, and I don't want to know what that translates to on a ladder under the garage roof. Plus, to finish the remaining bit I have to work with the door down. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rebecca -- way to go! Looking forward to seeing you all in just a little over a week. Time is flying by!

    ReplyDelete