words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Friday, September 3, 2010

swagbucks follow-up

Just today I scored 49 SB for one search ("chromosomes"), and then 10 for another ("What Your Kindergartner Should Know")! Whoo-hoo!

I have never won so many in one day--but forgot to mention in my SB post that Fridays are the MUST SEARCH days, because Swagbucks advertizes that they give away bigger prizes on those days. 

And I just started participating in the "daily poll" which you access from the Swagbucks search page--takes literally 20 seconds max and gets you 1 SB.  Well, if I remember to do that when I am on the computer already, it will be an easy 200 SB a year, I figure.  Remember, the goal is to get SB without effort.  This fits.

There are also NOSO: "No Obligation Special Offers" you can view daily to earn 1 SB.  Takes about 1 minute to click through about 5-6 offers and click the "no" button for all of them--so don't know that I will do this routinely, but maybe.  If I did it whenever I also did the poll, then I can easily see 400 SB a year.

Now, it takes 450 SB to get one $5.00 Amazon gift card, which is my goal.  So that could seem like a lot of work for very little return.  Except I am already getting about 14 SB a DAY (not week, as I first mistakenly wrote) for my usual searches, which I would expect would get me a minimum of 3500 SB a year. . . so add the 400 to that, and you have an EASY 4000 SB a year--which translates to $40 bucks in cold, hard, virtual cash. ; )  I can use that. 

AND I did some research into the Swagbucks partner stores, and found out that some of them are ones I plan on using this next year, and you get 2 SB for every 1 dollar you spend.  Some of the stores I plan on visiting--so I would be giving them my $ anyway and now get SB as icing on the cake--are The Children's Place, Snapfish, Shoes.com, Borders, Barnes & Noble, Target, Kohls. . . and since I only order from these places when there are specials on shipping I should be able to score big!

Mom. . . just so you know, Fannie May Candies and Hanna Andersson are two of the partner stores.  Ahem. 

So for me, Swagbucks is a clear no-brainer.  It won't be for everyone so don't consider this a sales pitch but just an FYI.

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to stop by and make sure sure know how grateful I am for your comments tonight. I honestly think part of what you wrote was divine inspiration -- it was that PERFECTLY what I needed to hear.

    Blessings and Blessings heaped upon you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, remember that I am not of the tech generation, just how do you do it?

    ReplyDelete