words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Friday, September 10, 2010

giddy

This is really quick.  I am leaving tonight for a women's spiritual retreat--the first since Sunny was a baby!  And my in-laws are coming to stay the weekend--MIL offered to come and watch the kids while I was gone, so DH and FIL could work on one of the projects.  So sweet of her, and them. 

And best. of. all.  With all the dedicated purging and deep cleaning I have been doing. . .

THE HOUSE LOOKS GREAT!

and most best of all. . .

NO MORE PILES!!!!!!!

I cannot tell you how happy I am.  Except I am exhausted, so maybe will be fully happy when I have time to sit and enjoy it.  And when my in-laws take the TV and VCR and videos with them (yes, they want them). 

And the past 2 days I have been working like a dog, but it felt so, so good, because for every thing I had to do, there were other things that I had already done in the past couple of weeks that I could rest my weary eyes on and feel such satisfaction about.  Go me!  And seriously--my list was HUGE, everything from trimming the kids' fingernails and toenails to vacuming and mopping the whole house to straightening the closets and storage bins to cleaning out the woodbox to washing windows. . . and it is almost all done.

When was the last time I had a cleaning list so huge that actually got done?

WHOO-HOO!

now it is time for a quick cup of tea and well-earned "lacey" cookie and cheese and nuts--then shower and do last minute things and be ready to drive off to the retreat at 5!  (I'd better hurry!)

Have a GREAT weekend, however you spend it!

3 comments:

  1. Way to go!!! I cleaned today but not whole-heartedly. Perhaps .08-heartedly?

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete