words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Tuesday, March 12, 2013

sugar and spice and everything nice

 
Some of you remember me writing before about DH's sister Auntie N and the ongoing saga of their premature baby girl, whom I nicknamed "Sweetness" for this blog.  Some of you prayed for her family, as they grieved the loss of her twin.  And some of you continued to pray for the healing of her lungs, and for other health concerns.  It was a long time before her parents were comfortable enough with her health to allow her to either travel or visit family.  Looking back now while making this post, I just realized I never posted any photos from last May when they finally decided she was healthy enough for a roadtrip, and brought her out here to CA!  So here are two of my favorites:

At Henry Cowell State Park, in the Santa Cruz Mountains.  I love this photo!  Even with the porta-potty photobomb.




First time being held by cousins.

It was so fun to meet her in person, and to spend quality time with all of them.  We even took them to the beach, her first time!

Fast forward now to 2013, and I am so glad to share this recent pic:


She's now 2 1/2 and a strong, spirited little girl.  I dubbed her "Sweetness" when she was a precious little thing in the NICU,  but as she grew and her personality showed through, her mother and I laughed at that moniker.  Does not suit her at all!  She's sassy and spunky and needs a blog nickname that fits her better--so from now on I'll call her Spice.  ; )

Instead, let's move her old blog name over to her new sister!


Let me introduce you to the new Sweetness!  We have not met her yet in person, but she is such a doll in all the photos her mom shares on facebook, and her mother says this name suits her personality.  : )  She was born in Oct, so that makes her. . . just over 5 months. 

Here's one of my other favorite pics of her, when she was one month old:

See--pure Sweetness!


And such joy to a family who still feels the loss of another little girl.

If anyone feels led to pray, this dear family is over in India right now.  Uncle S's family over there had never met Spice, because of her inability to travel, so this has been a very special visit.  But as you know, there are also health concerns with taking infants and previously medically fragile small children on any international trip.  They would love to move back to India, and this visit is also a test run to see how the girls do health-wise.  I think I heard rumors that if all goes well they might try to move this year!  In other words, I'm thinking we need to make another road trip out to CO when they get back in country!  I don't want to miss out on getting to know them even a little--I'm their Auntie after all!


3 comments:

  1. Sweetness is darling! Spice makes me smile. I will be praying that all goes well during this trip to India.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing I have been wodering how the two little girls were doing. I am so happy to hear everyone is doing so well! And Yes - you absolutely need to take a road trip to Colorado…and stay with me! Not in the middle of summer when I am gone, either! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for updating about Spice :) I'm so glad to hear she is doing well.

    And Sweetness is an adorable baby!

    ReplyDelete