words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Friday, March 22, 2013

Snippet: Sick little Spice

So, I am finding that old blogger adage to be so true--the longer you don't blog, the harder it is to start up again.  I have had to many things to share over the past weeks--funny, serious, moving, trivial--but when I don't get a chance, or find the  brain power, to write, then as time keeps slipping by it seems like the window of relevancy passes and then no matter how much I had wanted to share whatever it was, it seems like the opportunity has passed.  Or like I can't put myself back into that same psychological space to adequately relate whatever it was.

So, even though I know where I left off in the updating (in-laws visiting), I have been having a hard time putting myself back into that weekend to write about it.  This actually happens a lot, which is why you may have noticed I'll often say, "more about that later" or "I can't wait to tell you about. . . " and then never do!  Pathetic, I know.

And then the longer I go without writing, the harder it is to feel like I have anything to share.  I have to just stop and remind myself--I am not the worlds most amazing writer. You people are only here because you are kind and loving and therefore interested in my life to be kind and loving to me, not because I wowed you with my finely honed blogcraft. ; )

So, to take whatever psychological pressure off me, and just because I really want to start writing more regularly and want to get over this pathetic perfectionist block (you know, where things have to be written in a certain order, or can't be written if they can't be written well) because it's not like my writing is ever perfect to begin with. So for a while I'm just going to give snippets--always a quick and painless way to ease back in, and maybe they will help me get the creative juices flowing again!

.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   . 

Here I had just written about Spice and Sweetness--and now poor little Spice needs more prayer:


Somewhere in India she has come down with what they think are the measles. : (  Poor little thing.


As Uncle S shared on facebook: Proud of my wife. Traveling across north India with a 5 month old and another child sick with measles.

So, as you can imagine, prayers would be greatly appreciated!




1 comment:

  1. Oh no!! Poor baby spice. And poor mama having to travel with two small children and dealing with sickness. I'll be praying for all of them!

    ReplyDelete