words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Thursday, June 28, 2012

fun with attic diving #1


Junior Prom, 1989.



Treasure Hunting, 2012.

Smiley's face says it all.

Let's just say I was carefully not breathing at the time this pic was taken.

And what I lacked in decolletage was well compensated lower down.

And love handles are not at their prettiest when sausaged in fushia sateen.

But I admit to glee that DH could even get it zipped up.

Take that, 40!




6 comments:

  1. You make 40 look good :)

    That's amazing. There is no way I would fit in my junior prom dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always envied your permanently svelte figure. I know I would never fit into my dress from that prom picture, my boobs are simply much larger. Yes, it's just the boobs that are bigger... :-P

    P.S. I adore the look on Smiley's face in the doorway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ladies, I am still rather mad about being 40, so this pic is like me sticking out my tongue and waggling my fingers at it. Pttttttthhhhh!

    Mina--"permanently svelte figure." I knew there was a reason why I love you. And "yes, it's just the boobs. . . " ha ha love it. You're permanently curvaceous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love the new pictures! And all 3 girls are wearing things I have made. The girls make nice models. Happy especially seems to have a natural knack. And the picture of Smiley is too funny for words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa's mom - if you made all of the clothes the girls are wearing you seriously need to open an etsy shop. I love what you made them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I commented here...I must have not submitted it correctly. I DID NOT NOTICE that was a new picture of you in the dress as first glance. I love that you put it back on!

    ReplyDelete