words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Tuesday, April 2, 2013

muckety-muck--the update

Just thought I would let everyone who cares know how that last post turned out. : )

I blogged and cried and showered and then went and got the kids from their testing site, along with Becky's kids.  We went straight to her house, for their play practice (it's a child-led production, directed by Becky's girls, of Peter Pan.  They are rehearsing all week and the show will be next Monday evening.  Should be fun!), and I asked Becky if she would watch Smiley so I could run to the store without kids, and she responded, enthusiastically, "Of course! Absolutely!"  It's not that he would have hindered me, but he had already climbed out of the car to run after the girls, and I knew he would be no trouble at all, and it seemed like maybe a good day to get a kid break.  I went to the grocery store, and then called DH from the parking lot.  I asked if he had decided what he wanted to take, and said I was at the store and could pick up what he needed.  He said he thought the salad idea sounded good.  So I went in and got those things and a little fresh mint to toss in too, since I thought I would go home and make the salad for him, to complete the heart-change.  (The penance after confession, so to speak.)

But then after I got the groceries home, then went to get the kids, then got them settled down for a MUCH needed quiet time (them this time, not me!), and had something to eat and then got them all roused again to pick up before dinner and then did dishes and started dinner--before I knew it DH was home and I had not made the salad.  So I guided him instead, and I appreciated DH being a big boy in the kitchen and taking the overall responsibility upon himself.  I helped too, like tearing the mint and helping him find things like the colander and showing him how to wash fruit.  So we did it together, and that was a nice way to resolve the earlier conflict (which, remember, was likely all churning in my own head and heart--he may have been completely oblivious). 

He's still at men's group, and I finally got the kids in bed and am settling down to finish that cookie and tea and Jane Austen's Emma on Netflix. 

And when he comes home, I'll ask him how it went and how they all liked the salad (and I have a feeling he will said, "It went well. They liked it." Because my husband is really as predictable as my dear Becky in some of his responses. ; )

And then we will have some time together.  And I will make sure my heart stays soft--to him, to God. 

I hope you all have a very good evening too, however you spend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment