words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Saturday, December 22, 2012

You Can't Lose Christmas.



Just saying hi.  I look back at that last post, and think of all the things I had really wanted to write about, ideas to share about how I am choosing to make this holiday season more purposefully focused on what Matters.  And then I sigh.  Because somehow this holiday season has completely run away from me.  In fact, I don't even really have time to blog now, but we are getting ready to head "over the river and through the woods" and could not bear the thought of not wishing all of you Merry Christmas at least!




I'm also going to leave you with a blog post that has meant a LOT to me over the past couple of weeks.  I have been so busy, and stressed, and there was a period when my kids were acting horrible to me (that's over, thank the Lord!) and I was grumpy and getting blue that I felt like we were missing out on what Christmas is all about--and my mind would keep going back to the title alone, and I would immediately feel better.

You STILL can't lose Christmas, Ralphie.

Of course I don't necessarily take the idea the same as Christine, who is writing about living life fully with kids "from the hard places," but I take it with my own gloominess, too-high expectations, and desire to parent always out of love and compassion.  No matter how my kids treat me, they can't lose Christmas.  No matter how bummed I might be feeling that moment, I can't lose Christmas.  Christmas is Christ With Us.  You CAN'T lose that.  It is available to everybody, no matter what. 




And then the idea became helpful too after the national tragedy of two Fridays ago.   No matter what evil may be happening in the world, we can't lose Christmas.  In fact, the evil in the world is exactly why we need Christmas. 



So, whatever might be stressing you, or upsetting you, or depressing you, my dear Reader--

YOU can't lose Christmas.

Merry Christ-mas to each of you!  May God bless you and yours the rest of this season!



1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to you too! The kids look precious.

    And thanks for this very necessary reminder. I'm feeling overwhelmed with everything that needs done right now, so this post was a blessing to me.

    ReplyDelete