words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Saturday, May 19, 2012

last day to order adorable T--and enter to win one free!

Just wanted to make a quick update to my last post.  Here is the adorable "Boss Your Heart" T-shirt I got for Sunny, the proceeds of which go to orphans:


The back of the T reads in tourquise James 1:27:
Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

I find it no small coincidence that Monday is the last night of my SoulFood Bible study--on the book of James.  God has grown me so much through this study, and not necessarily in the ways I would have expected.  So I actually really resonate with the idea of "Bossing My Heart."  The phrase originated with the Patterson's little daughter who had a heart condition, and her epitomized her fierce determination to survive heart surgery.  She did not.  Her family picked up the spirit behind their daughter's catchphrase and gave it an additional meaning--to determine what each of us is going to do to obey God and love others as fully as possible in His name. 

I just had to post again because today is the last day to order one of these T's (they will only print as many as are ordered), or the black T version.  And the last day to blog or tweet or fb about it to maybe win a free T!  Check out the details (and see more pics) here.

much love to you all!




No comments:

Post a Comment