words i am pondering today



Do your little bit of good where you are; it is those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.--Desmond Tutu


Wednesday, November 13, 2013

It's Done--Gone Private

So, this feels a little weird, but also, WHEW!

Esp. because after I posted those somewhat vulnerable/embarassing photos of myself, I checked the blog stats and see that readers from "My Plastic Free Life" have been visiting, thanks to comments I leave on that blog occasionally.  I don't want random strangers evaluating how that red top flatters my breasts and belly or not!

So this blog is now officially a cozy little space, with a cozy little readership.  And to make it extra friendly, I thought I would introduce you all to one another in this first private post. : )

Let's start with the far-away readers:

My mother Nancy and father Ron, recently moved from Illinois to Alabama.
My elder sister Rebecca, in Alabama.
My little sister Allison, in Virginia, is not a blog reader, but she's welcome anytime she ever stops by.
My Aunt Marty, in Illinois, my mother's only sister, who occasionally stops by for a visit.
My dear Susan, in Colorado, one of my best friends since high school.  She's the reason I started blogging.
A fellow blogger and sister-in-Christ Gabe, who has a military husband and so moves around. At the moment she is somewhere with cacti and lizards, so I'm guessing the West/SW. ; )
Dottie, whom I just met when she emailed to get on the invite list, who lives in Texas and sounds a lot like someone I would like to sit and have tea with. : )

And then there are my nearby readers:

My dear Becky, the friend God first gave me when we moved to CA.  She's the reason we go to Vintage Faith Church, which her husband helped begin. And I might be one of the reasons she started homeschooling. ; )
My dear "Rosa," another friend, whose boy and girl are "special same age friends" with my Smiley and Happy, and who also goes to Vintage.
Terry, my homeschool liaison with our charter school, who is a dear, Godly woman in my life.
Sara, my friend and fellow homeschool mom, with five kids almost the exact same ages as mine, and who also goes to Vintage.
My friend Alberta, whose daughter is Sunny's "special same age friend," and who is the reason I started homeschooling.
Ashley, who has been co-leading SoulKitchen--the ministry for women at our church--and who just welcomed her third sweet little child into the world.
Audrey, who I have served on SoulKitchen with this past year, and who just started homeschooling her own three kids.

And then there are my special guests--the women who inspire and challenge me on a daily basis, some of my fellow blog writers.  The main reason I did not want to go private was because I love leaving encouraging comments on their blogs as I follow along with their life stories, and I wanted them to always be able to come visit me in return if they wanted.  Not because I have anything to offer them, but just in case they want to know who is this woman who keeps saying "with love from California." ; )  A few of them knew I was going private and asked me to add them, but then I just went ahead and invited the ones I had email addresses for.  I don't expect them to stop by, but I just want them to be able to.  It helps keep this space feeling like a sunny kitchen, where I can welcome these women for a cup of tea and a chat:

Dorothy in MN, aka "Urban Servant" (MN)
Kari, from "Coffee Catharsis" (MN)
Linda from "Mommy Linda's" (CA)
Jane, who I just recently realized also blogs, over at "Small Deeds"
Keri, from "Creating My Own Little Nirvana" (MA)

I'd like to invite a few more ladies from my sidebar too, such as Lisa from "One Thankful Mom" (ID), Julie from "Not Just An Ordinary Life" (MN), and Barb from "Losing My Mind" (MN)  but I don't have their email addresses. . . At least Lisa and I are facebook friends, so she can find me if she wants me, and Dorothy is a "sista" to Julie and Barb, so again they can find me if they ever want to. : )

And lastly, there are a couple of ladies who I don't know, but who sweetly asked to be readers waaaaaay back when I had a scare a couple years back and temporarily went private to make sure my MIL had not found me.  When I knew all was well, I went back to "public," but now going private again I've left those two ladies in, not knowing if they will ever come back for a visit, but wanting them to be welcome if they do. : ) Elle, Carrie, if you are still here, please say hi!

Of course I will add whomever wants to read, but I think this is pretty much the party from here on out.  Welcome, all of you, and thank you for loving me and wanting to keep coming by.

xoxo

Blessed, aka Lisa ; )

6 comments:

  1. How fun to see who all is reading along, thanks for introducing everyone!

    FYI, I'm in Arizona right now. This summer we get to move back to the wonderful state of Colorado. Maybe we will meet up again one of these days in CO or CA?

    Oh, and I loved the red top with the jeans. I think its still a keeper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I am still able to be part of your party. I do enjoy reading what you write and learning a little of your life. Wish you weren't so far away. I think of you all every day even if I don't write.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to mention that I think you are wise to make this private.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just have to remember to check it now that it doesn't just show up in my feed reader! I've got it on the top of my browser. Now I'll feel even more OK with hijacking your comment section with a long rambling post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh - and a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I've been cutting checks at work today so every time I wrote 11/20 I thought of your day! Hope its been a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was fun to read your introductions! For some reason I am not picking up your blog in my feed anymore... so I need to fix something somewhere...

    ReplyDelete